Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

My ethnicity has always been a really confusing thing for me. And for others. Mostly, I have no idea how to answer the question, "What ARE you?" because secretly, I don't really know. So I make things up.  Seriously-- pick a continent and I can convince you I have relatives there. The only one people don't believe is the one that's actually true: despite my curly brown hair and racial ambiguity, I'm half Irish. So yesterday, to prove my dedication to both my Irish heritage and to being college student, I celebrated the number one drinking holiday of the year: St. Patrick's Day.

The morning started with pitchers at Booey's and a darty in our neighbors back yard. Everything was going great until around 3 o'clock. While I was at Booey's for round two, the party got broken up. Instead of filing out with the rest of the crowd, some drunk freshman thought it would be a better idea to hop the fence. Into our back yard. Through a glass table. When I came home from lunch, I found a fire truck in front of our house and 12 police men cleaning blood off of our porch. My roommates were nowhere to be found.



Once the police left, we went back to the neighbors and the remaining five party guests did keg stands. My personal choice was a gargoyle, which I gave to myself. At this point, one of my roommates realized that she had traded t-shirts with a boy, and had now lost her fourth shirt this month. None of which, by the way, were in any way related to a hook up. I have to hand it to her though, taking off her top in the middle of the party was a pretty good way to get the boy's attention. (Side note-- If anyone has seen a sheer white crop top, call us.)

After this picture was taken, we made up
 a secret handshake. #Goldfinger
We then headed over to a house that I still don't know who lives in. They were playing "Call Me Maybe" on repeat and dancing on the kitchen table, so I knew it was my scene. Again, things were going great until we heard the lovely, familiar sound of shattering glass. Someone accidentally punched a whole through the window while attempting to fist pump. Because this didn't seem like a sufficient amount of damage, someone else punched through the other window to make things look more symmetrical. Boys will be boys! We patched up the holes with inserts from a rack of Natty and continued on our merry way.

Somehow, we all made it to Rhino. We spent the entire evening dancing in a circle while a group of Mexican men watched and participated periodically. One of my roommates (surprisingly NOT the one that was topless at the Darty) opted to throw out her stickie boobs half way through the night and go braless in a white shirt-- which actually might explain the crowd we attracted.

When we all got home circa 3:30, we proceeded to eat everything in our house and text everyone we know to come over to late night. Only one boy showed up, and brought an unidentified, tuxedo clad drug dealer with him. He was promptly asked to leave, but not before the braless roommate shouted "FORYOUREYESONLY" and flashed him.

Once everything had settled down, a group of bike cops showed up and tried to arrest us for throwing fire crackers. Obviously, we weren't, because as we told them-- we are girls. Girls don't detonate fireworks. When we convinced them that we were, in fact, female, (Casey's pajama choice didn't help much) we invited them in for wine and hummus.


It was a really weird day, which ended with a group of us smashing wine bottles into our back yard (Pledges, come over at some point today to clean up) and thanks to head cameras, someone caught it all on film.



No comments:

Post a Comment