Thursday, January 10, 2013

Welcome to Senior Spring

Laying in my twin bed, coming off of the first Rhino Wednesday (is that still a thing?) of the Spring, I am really, genuinely happy.

True, spring syllabus week is always one of the best times of the year. Everyone is tan, rested and happy, and has forgotten about how much they hated each other during their caffeine-induced finals week misery. Nobody has work yet, and all we really have to do is get drunk and say "How was your break?!?!??!" for nine days straight.

But still, this time things feel different.

When I first walked into the bar, a girl a barely know had 40 tequila shots lined up on the bar and was handing them out to every senior she could find. Then, I split the rest of the night reminiscing with my freshman year best friend and making up with my freshman year worst enemy.

Everyone, regardless of who they've been for the last four years or who they plan to be in six months, has the same "let's-make-this-count" attitude, and I am seriously, seriously into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment